Saturday, May 18, 2013

May 18, 2009

Also happening this summer is my family's move from central Michigan to central Indiana. Thankfully, I'll miss most of the work due to being gone, but I'm currently going through my room trying to part with all those mementos of life I've kept for upwards of 14 years here. Among the teeth I had pulled a decade ago (not kidding- can anyone tell me why I still have these?!), the piles of clothes that I would never again be caught dead in, and the dusty books yet to be read, I found a stack of my old notebooks and journals.
Out of curiosity, I flipped in one of them to this exact date, four years ago. And ironically, this is what I have recorded:

"May 18, 2009.
.... Before that, though, I'm going to get really good scholarships and go to a university. Probably a Christian one, in Michigan. I'm going to travel- a lot! Before I die, I'd love to go to every continent! I want to study abroad in college - In Europe. Maybe a few different places in Europe, actually. Ahhh I have such plans for my future.
Even though I'm excited for all these great plans, I'm scared - now. The thought of not living with my family really scares me - as a 15-year-old. I'm sure I'll be fine when it's time."

Funny how well my 15-year-old self knows my 19-year-old self.

No comments:

Post a Comment